Thursday, 18 August 2011

Playdough or Brownies: a rainy day is for baking

My three boys all got cooking today (in amongst other bits and pieces of fun, involving mainly the computer, the Wii, and the television - all godsends on a rainy day, as well as mates that come round to play, and grandparents who live not too far away (...but not too close either) and take a child out for the day.)

Anyway, so while the youngest one was out and busy baking cute little cheesy biscuits at Grandma's, Tom and I made Blue Lavender Playdough - with which he then played for a looooong time; two birds killed with one stone - perfect!

Then Sam and I decided it was high time we made those brownies we'd been talking about for days - so once his mate Dominic had gone, we got busy melting butter & chocolate, whisking eggs with sugar, and folding in a little flour in there for good measure before pouring the gooey, silky brown liquid into a dish and baking it for a bit.

I must say it's been a Highly Enjoyable Pottering Day, even if I say so myself. And I have to confess that I really don't dislike rainy days *half* as much as I used to...now I've come to realise there is so much one can do *inside*

[insert huge happy grin just about here...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!