Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Yesterday and A Lifetime Ago

P250

It was 15 years ago to the day that I married my adorable Mr Wibbs.
I don't feel all that much older than I was back then, yet I also feel like a completely different, new person. It feels like yesterday yet also like a whole lifetime ago. How does that work!?! It's the mystery of life and marriage, a strange and beautiful paradox.
The other mystery is that, somehow, in marriage the 1+1=1 formula is true. I would say our three incredible, gorgeous boys represent that formula quite accurately...which makes me all warm inside :)
I won't say too much more, except this one thing: the vows one makes at the altar on That Day ARE FOR LIFE; there is no get out clause!!
Mark and I didn't understand what we meant when we promised "for better for worse" 15 years ago. But that promise, to me, completely sums up marriage - and to keep it requires patience, perseverance, and obedience. And faith.
And love.
Love of a different, deeper, more messy kind.
Real, sometimes-painful love.
Indescribable, unconditional, heaven-sent love.

We are learning.
Slowly but surely.

I really wonder what my reflections will be in another 15 years... What a relief I can't read into the future! I'm glad we get to live this today, here, now. And I'm so glad we get to share this life adventure Together. So - Happy Anniversary my darling!! For better for worse :) xxx

1 comment:

  1. I had a wise older gentleman tell me when I was first married that a "marriage is a strange and wonderful thing: he's strange and she's wonderful." Ha! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!