I've found a little gem of a book: "Why Us?" by Warren Wiersbe.
Even in the opening pages I'm blown away by the simple, straightforward wisdom it contains…
So. Underlined notes #1 it is. Be blessed :)
• Do I have the kind of faith that works in the battlefield of life?
• In every area of life there must always be an element of faith; what you believe determines how you behave.
• "We cannot put off living until we are ready... Life is fired at us point blank."
• Suffering can make us selfish or sacrificing
• "When you find yourself overpowered as it were by melancholy, the best way is to go out and do something kind to somebody or other"
• Human history sparkles with the testimonies of people who could have been victims but who decided to be victors.
• Suffering will either be your master or your servant.
• A crisis doesn't make a person; it reveals what a person is made of.
• It is not enough for your mind to be enlightened, or your heart to be enriched; your will must be enabled in the service of others
• Suffering is not a topic for speculation; it is an opportunity for compassion and involvement.
• The mind grows by taking in, but the heart grows by giving out.
More to come…!