Saturday, 10 January 2009

Full of Earth, Stained with Dirt - but 'Wholly Yours'


I listened to this breathtaking song again today, after not having heard it for a few months... and the beauty, power and truth of the lyrics really hit me, echoing everything that my heart has been feeling over the last week; so wisely putting into words this tension, this gap between the now and the not yet, the holy and the unholy, and the grace that bridges both: Jesus, becoming dirt, sin, human, and dying to clean my stains, and wash my sin away.

"I am full of earth. You are heaven's worth. I am stained with dirt, prone to depravity. You are everything that is bright and clean, the antonym of me. You are divinity. But a certain sign of grace is this: from the broken earth flowers come up pushing through the dirt. (...) I want to be holy like You are. (...) The truest sign of grace is this: from wounded hands redemption fell down, liberating men. (...) And so this might could be the most impossible thing: your grandness in me, making me clean.(...) I am wholly yours..."

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful, powerful and true... thanks for posting that, I had never heard it before!

    You've received an award at my blog... come see! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... Katrina, thank you!! I am humbled, and undeserving, as I have already said. Thank you thank you thank you........ :oD
    Will put it up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!