Friday, 6 June 2008

Goodbye Coye!

Long time no...nothing. Or at least it feels like a long time. Since I've posted here. Since I've felt I had something worth writing about.
I'm sorry if you visit here from time to time hoping for something new, and have had nothing much for the last few weeks!
I will post another one of my "Life in a Nutshell" offerings very soon, for all it's worth.
Meanwhile, here is a selection of nice shots taken during our last ever stay in Coye la Foret. Coye is a pretty little village not far from Chantilly, just north of Paris (France), and it is where I did most of my growing up, from 1980 to 1996. Mum and Dad have recently sold the house, and will be moving in the summer. So it was my last opportunity to snap away, in an attempt to capture something of the essence of my childhood home, and my children at play there.
Needless to say I am very emotional at having to say goodbye as it's a rather odd combination of grief mingled with excitement... The memories are so precious, but it's the right time to move on. God is good!


For more lovely photos, go here and here.

2 comments:

  1. That has to be hard to see something that's been a part of you for so long become someone else's, but think how much joy it will bring them! Great that you had a chance to take some pictures of your kiddos having a ball there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to say goodbye - I had to do it with the town I grew up in about a year and a half ago - I can still visit the town, but so much of it has changed that it's just not the same anymore. It's such an uneasy feeling - I think I was fearful that once I said good-bye to the town I would forget the memories that the town held as well...I'm glad you got all those great pictures - they will help keep those memories alive!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!