Monday, 5 May 2008

Time for some more revelations...(another meme)

I was tagged by RK with this and thought it looked nice and simple. It's taken me down memory lane and that feels good...

What I was doing 10 yrs ago: May 1998... Had been married nearly 2 years!! Was on teaching placement at a secondary school in Reading, and looking forward to finishing my year of teacher training as it had been very gruelling! I was also looking for teaching jobs, and found one a few weeks later; that was a 'God-thing' as I was terrified of interviews, and the job was almost handed to me on a plate, after an informal 'chat' with the (Christian) headteacher in lieu of an interview. I stayed there until April 2000, when I quit because I realised my calling was to be a Mum. Sam was born the following September...!!

Five things on my to do list for today: (1) enjoy my kids; (2) sort through mountain of - clean -laundry; (3) change bed sheets - not done... I hate that job!! (4) go for run; (5) hoover (=vacuum) the lounge floor!

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: pay off our mortgage, as well as my parents'. Landscape the garden, and build a swimming pool. Buy some kind of accomodation in South Africa and live there during the grim UK winter months. Travel the world and take my time over it. Employ a nanny, and someone to clean my house...

Three of my bad habits: (1) enjoy breaking wind...lol!! (2) shout at my kids; (3) take everything too personally

Five places I have lived: Holland; France; Germany; on campus at Reading University; in a cute little grade-2-listed cottage, which had a graveyard for a garden...(first 3 years of married life)

Five jobs I have had: babysitter; waitress in the tea rooms of a very beautiful stately park; secretarial temp at KPMG; teacher of French and German; French tutor

Five people I want to know more about: Andy at Loxley's Life; Al at Train Fellows; Pam - Rhett's Mom; Jen at Adopting William; Susie. Hope that's ok guys...!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag...

    I've completed mine and tagged a few others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!! And good info to have! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!