Friday, 21 March 2008

21st of the 3rd: World Down Syndrome Day 2008

As well as being Good Friday, today is 'World Down Syndrome Day', and you can read about it here. The date (21/03) was chosen to signify the uniqueness of Down syndrome in the triplication (trisomy) of the 21st chromosome and is used synonymously with Down syndrome.
I know I don't post very often about my kids, and maybe that needs to change. But I can say for now, that having a child with DS is just about the most amazing and enriching experience anyone could hope for!!
Please take a few moments to visit the people featured in my blogroll under the heading Blogging and Down's Syndrome. One little guy in particular could do with your prayers right now and his family could do with some comforting, reassuring words if you can spare the time...

4 comments:

  1. Happy World Down Syndrome Day to you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all had a lovely, lovely day! And, I certainly appreciate all of the prayers that you have given to Wee E. You're a dear woman! Loves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter and Happy belated WDSD to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see, did you see? I just changed the name of your blog in my blog roll. Also, did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!