Monday, 11 February 2008

7 Random Things About Me

Lovely Michelle, Elliot's Mama, has tagged me (I guess it's payback time, right?!) for this 'meme'. Second one in a month - hope you guys don't mind, I do quite like talking about myself *silly grin* - but I do hope it's not too much of a bore for you to read.

1. I often surprise people by how 'crazy' I am, because I come across as quite sensible most of the time. I'm also kind of dippy, clumsy and scatty which (I hope) makes me at least a little bit irritating endearing.

2. I am utterly fluent in French. I lived in France from 1979 to 1992, and my mother is French; I guess that explains a lot ;) In France, people wouldn't know that I'm 100% fluent in English, with no hint of an accent (well...there is maybe a ridiculously tiny hint of one when I'm tired - or angry). However, I am utterly incapable of either counting at a normal speed in English, or of reciting the alphabet/ months of the year/ days of the week in English!!

3. I totally HATE getting my socks wet, so I always wear slippers around the house.

4. I sing in one of the church worship bands (there are 3). People say I have a good voice...I would love to record some stuff in a proper studio. Not to be famous, but to have some fun and be stretched.

5. I cannot stand changing duvet covers, especially the big ones. I have been known to cry in frustration when changing a duvet cover. How embarassing is that??!

6. I can run extremely fast! Not for long periods of time, but in short bursts. I used to beat all the fastest boys at primary school, to their disbelief - lol!

7. I am a very emotional, feeling-driven person, and yet I seldom cry. When I do cry it can go on for hours, and so I guess I sometimes choose to keep a lid on the tears, so that I don't end up looking like a puffed-up frog on drugs.

There, I enjoyed that!! I now tag RK (unless someone beat me to it and you are tagged already), Jessica, Melissa, and Ellen

5 comments:

  1. This is a great list! Thanks for the tag. I'll get on it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Mrs. Wibbs! Thanks for the tag. How very cool to be fluent in a couple languages. If I ever go to France I'm taking you with me :)
    That's fun that you sing in the worship band. So sorry about #5...
    I'll let you know when I've posted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good list! My husband is fluent in French too - I love going to France with him because I feel like I blend in better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting introduction [for me] I'm also a slipper [fluff muff!] person, gotta protect those tootsies.

    Duvet covers are a pain indeed! Almost makes me want to consider going over to the American 'comforter' system instead.

    Sprinter too! Only cry once a year max, it's a rule!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. With regards to the duvet thing, did you ever see this post of mine?
    http://debbiemonster.blogspot.com/2006/09/novel-way-to-put-on-duvet-cover.html
    (The sad thing is, I get lots of visitors to that post cos it comes up if someone googles 'how to put on a duvet'!)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!