Thursday, 25 October 2007

Quiet

I know I have been a little silent this last week, especially after being particularly prolific following the summer holidays!!

Life has caught up with me again, and what with three emergency calls (999/ 911), one stay in hospital, coughs and colds, family staying and altogether very small amounts of sleep, I'm really no longer sure whether I'm coming or going these days!!!

Silence is important sometimes. But how I wish that my silence in the blogosphere reflected silence in my inner being...! My brain is too busy right now; too noisy, but one thing I am learning to do: to "take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ". There is SUCH power in this simple little exercise, but it is a discipline and it is taking a lot of will power on my part to not let myself get swept away by negative and ungodly thoughts.

So here you have it. This is where I'm at, in a nutshell... There will be more when my kids are back at school after this autumn holiday.

PS: Cecily - not one day goes by when I don't visit :o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I feel so bad about my last comment! I sounded like a total brat, but I was really kidding! Ughhh. I'm so sorry!

    E-mail me when you want to talk and let me know what's going on, or at least that everyone is okay. I promise I'll be a good friend this time and not an immature bratty one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know a rude joke about that feeling...

    oh well i'll just settle for this one instead:

    How do you spot a blind man at a nudist beach?

    It isn't hard!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!