Monday, 24 September 2007

Phew...!!

Just a little 'update' for those of you who might be concerned about our state of mind since our 'incident' of last Thursday.

Thank you one and all for your prayers. We are still feeling a little fragile and I don't think things will ever be quite the same - our perspective on everything has been changed, sharpened, enhanced... and so in fact, we are better for it.

We are more alert, but also a little more nervous and paranoid about what could happen to one of us at any time. I guess God still has a lot of work and healing to do on that front! One dear friend reminded me yesterday that there is nothing and no-one to fear apart from God; that's GOT to be good news!!

I will say that I am gratefully savouring every minute with Ben, and indeed so is Mark. Something unlocked in him on that Thursday morning, and since then they have instantly bonded and become extremely close; it brings a lump to my throat each time I see my lovely husband leaning over his youngest son and gazing at him in love and wonder. This didn't used to happen quite as much, 'before'!

And so this is what I feel the Lord would say to me, to you, anyone who has the priviledge and responsibility of raising kids:

Each of your children are precious gifts from God; don't forget to treasure them NOW, and stop wishing they were older, quieter, wiser, tidier!! Review your expectations of them on a daily basis; praise them; parent them wisely, lovingly, patiently, discipline them - But above all pray without ceasing, love and forgive much.

As for us, we will be copying this amazing psalm and sticking it on Ben's bedroom door...

"I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip, he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you, the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going ,both now and for evermore
."

(Ps 121 - NIV)

5 comments:

  1. I think that Psalm is a wonderful thing to put on his door. I've been thinking about all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words for sure. I've been thinking alot lately about how easy it is to get swamped with doing things "for" Braska and not doing as much *with* her, actual time and interaction. With therapy three days a week and weight checks once a week, special videos every day, evening exercises, etc...it's just so scheduled. I want to have time to just enjoy all her little quirks and coos and smiles without having to think about how to make everything "developmentally beneficial."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Photos you got here... Love it!... Visit also mine in my two blogs... here...

    http://wilstop.info/2007/09/25/wordless-wednesday-3/
    http://boggos.blogspot.com/2007/09/wordless-wednesday_26.html

    Have a great Wordless Wednesday!...c",)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, comforting Psalm... so glad to hear you are healing - may God continue to do so in your lives.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!