Sunday, 25 March 2007

Corners of my home

(As inspired by the lovely Andrea, who has a beautiful blog with some gorgeous photos and many inspiring, godly thoughts on the nitty-gritty of life as a mother...See here also. This concept was originally started as a Flickr group, where 'Corners of My Home' is described as "a place to share the favorite little spots in your home-the spots that make you truly feel something-joy, peace, whatever it may be. It doesn't need to be a literal corner-perhaps just a nook or cranny or object." )

This is, hopefully, the first in a series of little snapshots of my home, corners that I like to go to, to be refreshed, to rest, and get away from the busyness of life. And this picture shows our 'garden room', a new-ish addition to our house. It is a truly delightful room, with a real sense of the presence of God and His peace. No TV, no toys, no children are allowed here, and it is also where we play music, have our 'cell-group' meetings, and entertain 'guests'. I love this room, and am thankful for it...

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Wibbz, I love your little cozy room!! It is certianly a peaceful spot. I like that you said you really feel the presence of God there.
    I am glad you are doing this. I look forward to more photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - that is gorgeous; so warm and peaceful. What a blessing to have a room that is a sancuary! I love to see these "corner of my home" posts... I think it's so neat to be able to picture friends in their homes. :) I've thought about doing some COMH posts too!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!