Saturday, 3 February 2007

Spring on the way?? - Worship (1)

I'm back!!
And today is glorious. The sun is out and has melted away any frosty clouds that might have been hanging around, to leave a spotless crisp bright-blue sky in their place. The birds are singing their little hearts out and the daffodils are tentatively making their way out, with a promise that soon, colour will return to the world! It's as if, slowly, gently, the whole of creation is awakening once again to the hope and beauty of spring, and praising its Creator...I'm reminded of this wonderful Matt Redman song we sung at the conference a few days ago:

Let everything that, everything that, everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Let everything that, everything that, everything that has breath praise the Lord:
Praise You in the morning, praise You in the evening,
Praise You when I'm young and when I'm old.
Praise You when I'm laughing, Praise You when I'm grieving,
Praise You every season of the soul.
If we could see how much You're worth,Your power, Your might, Your endless love,
Then surely we would never cease to praise.
Praise You in the heavens, joining with the angels,
Praising You forever and a day.
Praise You on the earth now, joining with creation,
Calling all the nations to Your praise.
If they could see how much You're worth, Your power, your might, your endless love,
Then surely they would never cease to praise.
Let everything that, everything that, everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Let everything that, everything that, everything that has breath praise the Lord.
...It is on days like this that it begins to make sense when I come across verses like: 'the mountains and hills burst into song before [Him] and all the trees of the field clap their hands...' and: 'the heavens rejoice, the earth is glad, the sea resounds and all that is in it, the fields are jubilant and everything in them. The trees of the forest sing for joy, they sing before the Lord, for he comes...'!! - What else can creation do but worship its Author?! And as it worships, it calls us, his children, to do likewise.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks :-)
    I'm tiredly trying to finish planning my stuff for sunday school tomorrow, all about praising God, and this was a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and welcome back, by the way. I just tagged you for a meme. I'm not sure I ever did do the one you tagged me for (but maybe I will one day), so don't feel you have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an incredible day there! It is so.very.frigid. here...below 0!

    You sound refreshed and inspired after your conference. :)

    Oh, and...Matt Redman's coming to town here at the end of the month - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miriam: Yes I am refreshed!! It was an awesome time...
    I love Matt Redman, his songs are so wise, godly and beautiful.
    Temperature-wise: it's mild right now, but apparently it's about to get really really cold, well below zero, too :(
    So I guess I may be able to take pictures of my kids in the snow after all!!
    Debs: Thanks for your welcome, thanks for the tag, and thanks for encouraging me by telling me you found this helpful! Praise God...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!