Wednesday, 14 February 2007

Half Term Rant


I feel a bit miffed. This week Sam has been off school on 'half-term'.
AAANNND: Thomas is off school all next week when Sam goes back...
You'd think they would have the sense to make school holidays coincide for my children, but I have a feeling my kids' local authorities (they are in two separate counties...) have decided to conspire against me. It's probably in my best interest, somewhere, but this just feels like running a marathon as opposed to a sprint: which is more painful?? For me the holidays dragging on for two weeks instead of a short sharp burst is a bit like having my feet tickled for substantially longer than is strictly necessary; it's nice for a little while but it very rapidly becomes unbearable!!
I must apologise to everyone: I know I haven't posted on here for a while, and the first thing I come out with is a 'grump'.
But I needed to get this off my chest, and now I've done that, I can move on a little...and say that, actually, it's been really nice spending some real quality time with Samuel without him having to compete with Thomas for my attention. Then next week I'm really looking forward to spending some quality, uninterrupted time with my Thomas - this doesn't happen much any more, because Samuel tends to suck every ounce of 'quality time' out of me!!
I will say one thing though. One of the down sides of having Samuel around a lot this week has been a considerable lack of privacy...particularly when I'm off to the little girl's room - or getting dressed! He's just THERE. The whole time. Urgh.
...Which reminds me: I've got this brilliant little essay on how it's actually OK for Mum to take herself off to have a bath...here; have a look :) I have to keep focusing on the fact that I won't be much good to my kids if I don't allow myself a little bit of time out once in a while, even if it's in the toilet!!
On that note, .......

3 comments:

  1. nice pic of toilet roll...how....er..appropriate??

    You really are a bit mental aren't you?

    Just look forward to September; at least then you'll have all 3 of them on holidays at the same time. so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! lol i love the attachment so funny! jus remebr i am off next week if u need my help and i am only a phone call away!
    love clair xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, but any offensive feedback will be deleted immediately... That said, most of you who visit here are dear lovely friends and so you are most welcome!